Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Mango Seller

June is the beginning of mango season in Key West.  By late June and early July most of the Mango trees are laden with fruit.  One day there was a young girl with a mango stand selling mangos for a dollar a piece on Fleming Street.  She was standing along side her small table on the side walk selling to the passers by. It was late in the day and I went around the block to get back to her, Fleming is a one way street, and when I got back she was gone. She became the inspiration for this painting.  My cat's name is Mango so she had to be in the painting.

The Mango Seller
© Maggie Ruley 2014


"The Mango Seller"
Acrylic on canvas
40 x 30"
Sold
Giclee prints available

The new studio~gallery is going well.
 
My children's art classes are over and I can be in the studio all day.  I'm getting lots of painting done and meeting the people in the neighborhood.






Island Inspirations
933B Fleming St
Key West, FL 33040


I've gussied up my entry a little.  Lots of dogs walking their people on the street and they get very thirsty in this heat.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie! You seem to be enjoying your summer so far and keeping quite busy. Sweet painting of this young mango girl! I love the colorful background also. Enjoy the rest of the season,Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, it has been busy and I haven't felt very organized. The new studio gallery has a ton of "needs". It will all get done sooner or later. Well, happy painting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...